Tuesday, June 05, 2007

PALPABLE CONCERNS

Running in his twentieth month, Darsh treats himself as an equal adult to us and understands the normalcy of our life style already. He himself initiates for the portable water tank at temple to wash his hands, successfully tries to put on his pant/ knicker. Both Vasu and Darsh started early with trying to put on their shoes on their own. Still, Darsh's pace of growth is clearly faster than Vasu in certain ways. He certainly shows plenty of attitude and anger already. Vasu leads him by all means in terms of attitude. He does not like to be ordered around. He obliges only if he is requested. He defies authority more often nowadays and stands brave to face the aftermaths of violation of authority. His personality is undergoing apparent changes as he has already started idolizing violence and power. He shows a clear disregard for orders and gives a deaf ear to advices, unless in a better mood. Finally his craze for Harry Potter’s wand is subdued, but only to be overtaken by the fancy for (Ramayan's)Lakshman’s bow and arrow!!! To my horror, he prefers Ravan over Shri Ram. I know it is because of the relative show of power quotient between the two legendary mythological grand characters of Hinduism. His obvious choice is also aided to a great extent by the tele serial ‘Ravan’ on Zee TV that glorifies the character of Ravan as the hero.
My insecurities are growing graver with such developments, as I witness Vasu and Darsh growing fonder of concepts and things that I would not like them to follow. At times, I loose my cool as I see my self incompetent to proceed with my plans and goals. I cannot achieve it alone as I have limited capabilities and comprehensition power.
May Jinendra Bhagwan aid and assist me on my warpath!

No comments: