Saturday, June 09, 2007

A good lesson learnt early...

I often utilize Vasu's fancies and fascinations to my advantage, and ensure his dietary intake to be in order. Like, I would make him eat uninteresting food or drink rather undelicious fruit pulp by reminding him of the glory of Harry Potter or Krrish, including any mortal soul, basically whomsoever fitting the bill at that given point of time. Driven by his yearning to be as strong or magical as his idol, he mostly obliges. Of course, it works only in conjunction with some mother to son butter and sugar coated earnest requests and a bit of command. Today, however, I used my tactic for a wrong cause I gather. I tried to convince Vasu to sleep in the afternoon, as Krrish also does it to keep himself active and kicking all the time. " Mujhe Krrish nahin ban-na hai. (I do not wish to be Krrish)". said Vasu in a mature and confident tone. Blaming myself for the wrong selection of the hero figure, I tried to evaluate my options, "Okay. Then do you wish to be like Lakshmana or Mahavir Bhagwaan?" The reply caught me off-guard. "Nahin! Mujhe koi nahin ban-na hai. Mujhe Vasu aur sirf Vasu ban-na hai. (I do not wish to be anybody else. I wish to be me, myself only)". It definitely did not seem a childish display of irritation or a blind attempt to show off wits. His body language and tone reflected that he meant it. Cool, collected and clear-cut was what he looked like, as he left me alone after replying. I must say, he has learnt a very important lesson of his life, very much WITHIN time.

1 comment:

I-m-me said...

Dear Nidhi

I enjoyed reading all ur posts. Very amusing indeed and at the same time give lots of insight about how children are these days... must say its getting better and better.

keep writing