Monday, August 27, 2012

Dialogue-baaz!

Books arrgghh..! They are like sleeping pills to Vasu.  He has still not inculcated a taste for reading or writing for that matter. He isn't crafty.. Doesn't have a knack at any indoor or outdoor game though he is ever interested in playing any game he gets to play.  He has little table manners and still can't hold his spoon properly. I am still waiting for him to show a spark at something.... O' Lord  are you listening, up there? Pls help!


It was one of those days when we would sit and chit chat beyond routine matters. It would be our time to share our fears, seek assurances and draw strength from each other's benevolent expressions (honestly this was quite an overtly sophisticated and boring description for "being laid back, lazy, cribbing and demanding time" for Vasu and Darsh). Though I was holding this back with all my mental strength, it stumbled out of my mouth quite uncontrollably..

Me - "Vasu, you would make me proud one day, है ना   (Right?)?"

Vasu - "Yes."

Me - " How?" [Exalted to hear the affirmative response]
        "What  all competitions would you participate in  and win to make me feel proud of you?"  [I continued, very eager to know what he was thinking...]

वासू  - ""   आपकोproud करने के लिए competitions जीतना ज़रुरी नहीं है.  " 
[Vasu - I don't need to win competitions to make you proud.]

Me - (Disappointed a bit, I continued) "Then.. How do you think you can make me feel proud?" [ I was seriously wondering now..]

वासू  - "  मैं अपनी  weaknesses पर काम करूँगा और उन्हें ख़त्म करके आपको खुश करूंगा।   "
[Vasu -  I would constantly work on my weaknesses and eliminate them to make you happy.]

Me - "And.." [Amused, now digging for more.. ]

वासू  - " मैं आपके सिखाये हुए रस्ते पे चलूँगा और अच्चा इंसान बनकर आपको proud करूँगा।"
[Vasu - I would follow the path of goodness, as taught by you, and become a good human being and hence make you proud of me.]

Me - *speechless* *HAPPY*
        *Grinning and chuckling at the realization that my little dudes are gradually learning the art of smooth talking and turning polished dialog-baaz!?!*
         [wink] [wink] 

5 comments:

Basant - said...

Vasu - another philosopher in the making :-)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Hireyo Jobs said...

i award you words painter ....good word.

gautam jain said...

Definitely They Both Will Make You Proud :")

NIDHI JAIN said...

Thank you Gautam. :)